e u r o p e

| home |

| africa | america | asia | east asia | EUROPE | oceania | south east asia |

| commemorative | hybrid | polymer | australia |

| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |


"no borrowed scans here nor i cut and pasted from other web sites. all notes displayed here are mine. i have 100% ownership of all the banknotes posted here!"

...Scotland, Clydesdale Bank Limited - £1 Dated 1974

Alba / Scotland

Clydesdale Bank Limited
(Founded 1838, First issuing banknotes on 07.05.1838)
Currency : Pound Sterling (GBP)

This is one odd note of £1 I have in my collection that was printed with the date of 1st March 1974 and signed by A R MacMillian as Chief General Manager. I am unable to find out what the initials "A R" stand for. The condition of this note is heavily circulated and I have no recollection as to how I got this note in the first place. It is most likely that I got this as a change, but I can't confirm this. This £1 note was issued between 1971 to 1981 and unfortunately this is the only piece I have in my collections.

The design on the back depicts the scene of the Battle of Bannockburn which was fought on 23rd and 24th of June 1314 between Robert the Bruce against the invading army of King Edward ll of England. The battle was won by Robert the Bruce and today the National Trust of Scotland operates the Bannockburn Visitor Center where the battle was believed to be fought to commemorate this famous victory.


One Pound
Dated 1974, King of Scots Robert the Bruce
Reverse - Battle of Bannockburn

No comments:

Post a Comment